Saturday, April 6, 2019

Experts



I'm an expert on oxen. . . .As long as we define it like Mark Twain, who called an expert "An ordinary fellow from another town," and Will Rogers, who refined it as "A man fifty miles from home. . .with a briefcase."  By those definitions, I'm an expert here, away from home.

I'm writing this in the Denver Airport on my way back home from La Junta, Colorado and Bent's Old Fort.  I've been here for the week with my son, Lance, working with the staff at the fort and their team of Milking Devons, Clark and Coolidge.
The class was a "remote" version of Tillers' Oxen Basics.

We had a great and fulfilling week.  For the next few entries, plan on reading self-aggrandizing accounts of the successes.

I had no briefcase, but my two backpacks may have been sufficient.






No comments:

Post a Comment