Saturday, April 1, 2017

Where'd I put my. . .

 Two men were arguing about bad luck.  The one said,  "I'm so unlucky, whenever I drop my toast, it lands butter-side-down."

His buddy wasn't willing to concede the point and asked for a demonstration.  The toast was prepared, the men got ready and the toast landed on the floor. . .with the butter side facing up.  The buddy folded his arms and looked triumphant.

"Whattaya know,"  said the first man, "I buttered the wrong side."

Anyway, bow pins are akin to buttered toast.  They don't often fall when you're yoking, but when they do they either land in mud, they bounce underneath an animal, or they mimic a chameleon and become invisible for a few moments.

Whatever you can do to keep them close is probably worth it.  Today, when unyoking the boys from in between them, I couldn't quite reach the top of the post to set the pins and spacers, so I simply looped them over the end of each animal's horn.

Now, if they only came with a drink holder. . .


No comments:

Post a Comment