Monday, March 29, 2021

Quidditch



“Bad news, Harry. I've just been to see Professor McGonagall about the Firebolt. She – er, got a bit shirty with me. Told me I'd got my priorities wrong. Seemed to think I cared more about winning the Cup than I do about staying alive. Just because I told her I didn't care if it threw you off, as long as you caught the Snitch first.”

― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Quidditch, the most popular sport in the world of Harry Potter has as its most distinctive feature that it’s played on broomsticks.

Not being a wizard, I’ve never played quidditch, but I do like to keep a broomstick handy when working with a cart. 

When hauling manure in the cart and I’m done for the day, or when switching between compost and hay,  a couple of minutes with the broom tidies things up. No sense in sending for a Quality Quidditch Supplies catalog, any old stiff-bristled push broom will work as well as a Comet 260 or a Firebolt for cleaning a cart.

And if you’re able to fly around the pitch, score a goal, or catch the snitch, so much the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment