Thursday, January 31, 2019

Working for Money

I know people who open books and read the last page first.  If this is you, I'll save you the trouble.  Working for money: avoid it.

We've been snowed, then "colded" in for 4 straight days.  -19 on the mercury this morning.  It's hard on the animals, but that will be a tale for another time.  For me, stuck in the house, it's been a chance to write up some interviews, record a new one (with the venerable Bill Speiden), shave away on the big yoke, turn at the lathe, read, watch Cool Hand Luke (Hey, for you end-of-the-book-bizarros: skip to the ending credits then turn it off.  Take my word on this.  You'll be glad you did.) and edit a MODA Newsletter.

None of this pays a dime.

Taking a break this morning, with Shadow, our outside-cat-who-becomes-an-inside-cat-when-it's--19-degrees, and Luna on my lap, I re-read part of The Anarchist's Tool Chest.  Specifically, this quote:



I'll keep plugging away on my oral history of oxen.  I'll keep at the newsletters and the blog posts as long as it's fun.  Just don't try to sweeten the deal with money.

Working for money: avoid it.  Back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment